Law and Business Course
About our Law and Business Course
Our Law and Business Manual covers Contractors License Law, Mechanics’ Lien Law and Labor Law explained in laypersons language. Additionally the Business Management chapter includes a sample balance sheet and income statement with explanations of accounting terms.
Our Law and Business Course is broken up into four easy to understand chapters.
- Chapter 1: License Law
- Chapter 2: Mechanics' Lien Law
- Chapter 3: Labor Law
- Chapter 4: Business Management
About our Trade Manuals
Each trade classification has a unique Trade Manual that reviews basic math and estimating formulas, Cal/OSHA regulations, and trade topics that are covered on the State exam.
Each trade has a General Knowledge section that covers key topics specific to the trade that students need to know to pass the State exam.
This section of the manual includes the "most difficult" questions with explanations. Each manual with a review questions section also has available a DVD or Audio CD that walks students through the questions.
DVD & CD Lectures
Our DVD and audio CD lectures feature licensed contractors, estimators, lawyers, business-management consultants, and other professionals who guide you through our manuals.
Our DVDs and CDs include:
- General Knowledge (background information on the trade)
- Review Questions (instructors walk students through questions)
- Health & Safety (OSHA, and general safety requirments for the state exam)
- Math Review (a review of mathematical forumulas needed for the state exam and industry)
Up-To-Date Practice Tests and Updates
Our user-friendly practice tests are in the same multiple-choice format as the State exams. Our answer sheets include full explanations and/or references.
Our staff is dedicated to keeping our content and test questions current. We have a full-time staff that is constantly updating our manuals, lectures, and tests.
Each set of tests comes with an exam update which represents our most recently developed questions that correspond with changes in the State exams, California laws and building codes.
Exam Prep Software
Computer Assisted Practice Tests
We also offer the practice tests on a computer CD disc. Our software presents questions one at a time, automatically scores the exam, and lists each question answered incorrectly along with the correct answer.
- Timed State exam simulation
- Question shuffling
- Ability to mark questions and return to them
- Running tally of your score
- Detailed report upon completion with correct answers
- Software keeps a score history to show improvement